My Cloud Adventure
After passing 4 AWS certifications, I wanted to learn new things and start with another cloud provider: Azure, as part of the #100DaysOfCloud Challenge!
I am on this Azure adventure and already have bagged the AZ-900, Azure Fundamentals. I wanted to get some more experience and certifications for Azure. So I decided to go with another fundamental exam, just to get comfortable with Microsoft's style of exams.
In this post, I'm going to explain the Azure Data certification as well as how to become Azure Data Fundamentals Certified.
So here it goes.
Data Fundamentals Skill measured:
Describe core data concepts (15-20%)
- Describe types of core data workloads
- Describe data analytics core concepts
Describe how to work with relational data on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe relational data workloads
- Describe relational Azure data services
- Identify basic management tasks for relational data
- Describe query techniques for data using SQL language
Describe how to work with non-relational data on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe non-relational data workloads
- Describe non-relational data offerings on Azure
- Identify basic management tasks for non-relational data
Describe an analytics workload on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe analytics workloads
- Describe the components of a modern data warehouse
- Describe data ingestion and processing on Azure
- Describe data visualization in Microsoft Power BI
How much does the exam cost?
I was lucky enough to participate in the Cloud Skills Challenge and get a free voucher for the exam.
Otherwise, it costs $99 USD, and you can schedule your online exam with Pearson VUE.
How I prepared for the exam:
I used the Microsoft Learn modules that were listed on the exam page of Data Fundamentals. I created a collection of all listed modules which can be found here.
I think the learn modules prep you well for the Fundamentals exam, since I took the AZ-900 too with just prepping from Microsoft Learn!
But if you are looking for a course, I will go with one from Scott Duffy.
Wanna see how I am doing on this wild Cloud adventure or have any questions? Feel free to contact me on Twitter or directly on the #100DaysOfCloud Discord channel. I will try my best to answer you.