Hello amazing people 👋
Hope you all are safe out there. I recently sat my AZ-104 exam and glad to share that I passed 🥳. I took around 4 weeks to prepare for the exam and I am gonna be honest, I was not that confident about it. I have sat some fundamental certification for Azure but didn't had much practical experience, so doing some hands-on labs was the way to go. Here is a project that I did, which helped for the preparation, along with some Microsoft Azure labs:
Also, I realized that I sat 11 certification exams in the last 12 months
I know a lot of these are fundamentals and associate level, but I am progressing so, this year my focus is on some expert/pro certifications.
Here is my AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Exam Study Guide
The high-level view of the skills measured in the exam according to Microsoft:
Candidates for this exam should have subject matter expertise implementing, managing, and monitoring an organization’s Microsoft Azure environment.
A candidate for this exam should have at least six months of hands-on experience administering Azure, along with a strong understanding of core Azure services, Azure workloads, security, and governance. In addition, this role should have experience using PowerShell, Azure CLI, Azure portal, and Azure Resource Manager templates.
- Manage Azure identities and governance (15-20%)
- Implement and manage storage (15-20%)
- Deploy and manage Azure compute resources (20-25%)
- Configure and manage virtual networking (25-30%)
- Monitor and back up Azure resources (10-15%)
Free resources to prepare:
Azure Administrator Certification (AZ-104) - Full Course by Andrew Brown on freecodecamp.
Microsoft Learn path:
- AZ-104: Prerequisites for Azure administrators
- AZ-104: Manage identities and governance in Azure
- AZ-104: Implement and manage storage in Azure
- AZ-104: Deploy and manage Azure compute resources
- AZ-104: Configure and manage virtual networks for Azure administrators
- AZ-104: Monitor and back up Azure resources
Resources I used:
To be honest, I found the exam a bit difficult compared to AWS Associate level exams, but that could be due to the fact that I have been working in AWS for almost 2 years and that is not the case with Azure. I am still glad that I passed. Looking forward towards the AZ-400 DevOps Engineer Expert.